When you need quality healthcare close to home, Northwest Community Hospital is here for you. NCH is an award-winning hospital, with nationally recognized physicians, state-of-the-art technology, and inpatient and outpatient services in a full range of medical specialties.
We opened our doors December 2, 1959—over 50 years ago—marking the culmination of a multi-year community effort led by a group of visionary civic and business leaders who perceived the need for quality, community-focused healthcare in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
Over the years, we have continued to grow with you, to meet your changing needs. Today, we’re a 496-bed hospital and a world-class medical provider – combining compassionate care with a healing environment and state-of-the-art medical facilities including:
- The South Pavilion — with 200 private rooms to enhance patient safety and convenience.
- The William J. and Marion H. Busse Center for Specialty Medicine, an eight-floor facility housing physician offices, medical specialty services and advanced diagnostic technology
- Four Immediate Care Centers, located in Buffalo Grove, Lake Zurich, Mount Prospect and Schaumburg
- Five accessible outpatient imaging locations that provide advanced imaging technology, including open MRI, CT, ultrasound, X-ray, mammography and more.
- The Day Surgery Center, a same-day outpatient surgery center
- The Youth Center, for adolescents struggling with substance abuse problems
- Northwest Community Hospital Home Care
- Occupational Health Services provided at five convenient locations.
- The Wellness Center in Arlington Heights
- Four medical office locations
Annually, we care for:
- 24,000 inpatients
- 337,000 outpatient visits, including visits to the Hospital Emergency Room and Immediate Care Centers
- 43,000 home care visits
- 3,100 newborn deliveries
- More than 18,000 inpatient and outpatient surgical cases, ranging from open heart surgery and joint replacement to neurosurgery and minimally invasive procedures
NCH staff consists of:
- Over 1,000 physicians with offices throughout the northwest suburbs
- NCH Medical Group, an employed physician group focusing on primary and specialty care
- 4,000 employees including nurses, allied health professionals, administrative and support personnel
- Approximately 800 volunteers providing more than 100,000 hours of service annually
- NCH is governed by the NCH Board of Directors, a volunteer board made up of community members and business leaders.
- The NCH Foundation provides charitable opportunities for individuals, groups and corporations to invest in the future of the organization and its vital mission
We’re more than just a place to come to when you’re ill – we’re also a trusted resource to help keep you and your family in the best of health. Please explore our website and see all that Northwest Community has to offer – in sickness and in health.