Medical Services • Cancer Services
Follow Up Care
Giving you the best in continuing support after cancer treatment
After your cancer procedures or treatment, you may have more questions about side effects or follow-up care. Northwest Community Hospital has social workers specially trained in working with cancer patients who are available to answer your questions and concerns. Cancer patients, family members and other loved ones are encouraged to participate. Call 847.618.4YOU (4968) for more information.
We also encourage you to join a cancer support group. For more information on any of the cancer patient support groups listed below, call HealthConnection at 847.618.4YOU(4968) or visit our Online Events Guide.
Current NCH cancer-related support groups include:
- Guided Imagery for those Affected by Cancer—This group is for cancer survivors and their loved ones who are looking to increase their sense of well being, balance and comfort. This group is open to those who are newly diagnosed, going through treatment, have completed treatment, or have a loved one with cancer.
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Networking Group—A networking group for blood-related cancer patients, their families and friends.
- Look Good...Feel Better®—A program that teaches beauty techniques to women who are actively undergoing cancer treatment, to help them combat the appearance-related side effects of radiation and chemotherapy. A cosmetologist teaches the class.
- All Cancer Networking Group (formerly Make Today Count)—A networking group open to all cancer patients, their family and friends. Group provides opportunities to exchange thoughts and ideas on dealing with cancer.
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)—This networking group is open to all MDS patients, their families and friends. Group provides opportunities to exchange thoughts and ideas on dealing with MDS.
- Pancreatic, Hepatobiliary, Esophageal, and Gastric Cancer Support Group—This support group is for anyone with a pancreas or hepatobiliary cancer, as well as their family and friends.
- Reach for Support—A group for breast cancer survivors and the women in their lives who support them.
- Survivorship Class Series—These classes are open to anyone diagnosed with cancer and their loved ones whether you are still in treatment or have been out of treatment for years, these classes are for you.
In addition, we provide you with a range of hospital-related services including:
- An on-site American Cancer Society (ACS) Wig Boutique offers cancer patients a wide selection of brand new wigs and other accessories at no cost. To schedule an appointment at Northwest Community Hospital, call HealthConnection at 847.618.4YOU (4968). For more information, click here.
- An on-site bra & prothesis fitting company called Benchmark Atlantic is availale at NCH. Please call Benchmark Atlantic to schedule an appointment at 815-578-0304.
- Financial assistance to eligible patients—847.618.4542
- Wheelchair-accessible transportation to and from hospital—847.618.6480
- Patient advocate if you'd like to talk to someone about your experience —847.618.4390
- Get the cancer care you deserve. Use our online directory to find a physician or call 847.618.4YOU (4968) for a cancer specialist who is right for you.