Medical Services • Cancer Services
Lung Cancer Screenings
More affordable than ever
We believe in preventative care at NCH. We believe in helping our community stay healthy. And we believe the NCH Early Lung Cancer Screening Program helps save lives.
Since the low-dose CT scans used to screen for lung cancer are not usually covered under insurance, we now offer this life-saving screening to the public at the reduced cost of $99.
This discounted fee includes:
- A low-dose CT lung scan to find early lung cancer
- Review by board-certified radiologist for lung nodules, emphysema, and calcified coronary arterial disease
- Basic lung function testing by a respiratory therapist
- Smoking cessation counseling on the day of the exam or by appointment with a Tobacco Treatment Specialist
- Smoking cessation classes, weekly support groups and follow-up provided on site
- Multi-disciplinary review for positive findings as requested by ordering physician
- Recommendations for follow-up based on national guidelines
Don't wait. The time to know is now.
Catch cancer early, when it's most treatable. For questions about eligibility or to request a screening, call Juli Aistars, RN, APN, AOCN, TTS, Lung Nurse Navigator at 847-618-6572.