Medical Services • Heart Care
The NCH Advantage • Cardiac Services
NCH offers clinical expertise and advanced EP technology usually found only in teaching hospitals
Cardio Electrophysiology (EP) Services checks the electrical activity and pathways of the heart to diagnose and repair abnormal heart rhythms. EP procedures include:
- Complex ablation procedures. In our cardiac catheterization lab, we use the latest technology including intracardiac echocardiography and 3-dimensional mapping with the merging of CT images. This allows us to treat a wide range of heart irregularities with minimally invasive techniques.
- Latest cardiac devices. Each year our EP specialists implant hundreds of devices in patients who require cardiac monitoring or regulation.These include defibrillators, cardiac resynchronization devices, permanent pacemakers and implantable loop recorders.
- Cardiac Device Clinic. The clinic provides patients with follow-up care, both in clinic settings and through remote monitoring.
Additional cardiovascular procedures include:
- Stress tests. These tests measure and record the heart’s electrical activity, either through exercise or medication to check for arteriosclerosis or hardening of the arteries.
- State-of-the-art digital cardiac catheterization. This is a non-invasive approach to detect for blockages in the arteries around the heart. If any blockages are found, they can be treated during the same procedure.
- Drug-coated stents. These are tiny mesh tubes coated with a drug that are inserted into an artery. These specially medicated stents have proven to greatly reduce the chance of an artery clogging again.
- Peripheral vascular procedures. A variety of methods to diagnose and treat problem blood vessels in arms, legs, neck, etc.
- Surgery. Our skilled surgeons perform a wide range of heart surgeries. These include coronary artery bypass, valve replacement, valve repair, da Vinci® robotic surgery and the repair of abnormal and thoracic aortic aneurysms.