Medical Services • Home Care
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long has Northwest Community Hospital provided home healthcare?
Since August 12, 1969.
- Why Choose Northwest Community Home Healthcare?
Our team can be best described as:
Has Northwest Community Home Healthcare won any awards?
What is the average length of stay with Northwest Community Home Healthcare?
- 2008 - the American Diabetes Association recognized NCH Home Healthcare as the only home care site for diabetes education in Illinois
- The OCS Rising Star Award in 2005 for Quality Improvement in Oral Medication Management
- Northwest Community Hospital Great Performance Turnaround in March 2005
- Honors Awarded from the Illinois Foundation for Quality Health Care for improving the quality of care for seniors for surgical outcomes
- Buffalo Grove 2004 Senior Expo Appreciation Award
- Press Ganey Best Practice Model for Home Care Customer Satisfaction, 1999
What are the eligibility requirements for Northwest Community Home Healthcare?
What is Homebound?
- Patient must be homebound (taxing effort to leave the home)
- Patient must have a skilled need (Nursing, Phsyical Therapy, and/or Speech Therapy)
- Attending physician must order Home care services and care must be considered reasonable and necessary
Medicare and most insurance companies require that the patient is homebound. Homebound is defined as below:
Is Home Healthcare covered by insurance?
- Leaving the home would require a considerable and taxing effort
- The patient does not have to be bedridden
- The condition of the patient requires the use of an assistive device (e.g., cane or walker) or have the assistance of another person
Northwest Community Healthcare accepts Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance plans to maximize your home care benefits.
How many home visits does the average patient need to recuperate?
15 home visits usually sufficient.
How many Northwest Community Home Healthcare patients have had surgery prior to admission?
42% percent. Northwest Community Home Healthcare rehabilitates the orthopedic and cardiac surgical patients.
How many miles did Northwest Community Home Healthcare employees drive in 2008?
272,157 miles. That is equivalent to 20 round trips to Beijing, China!
How many visits does Northwest Community Home Healthcare make in the average month?
3,336 home visits.
How many staff members does Northwest Community Home Healthcare department employ?