Medical Services • Maternity Services
Online Childbirth Education
The Gift of Motherhood eLearning Childbirth Education Program is a convenient alternative for expectant parents who cannot attend a conventional prepared childbirth class due to bed rest, scheduling conflicts or time constraints. It is also useful as a refresher course for repeat parents.
This online childbirth education program is an interactive, Web-based tool that contains animated illustrations, videos, voice-overs and games.
The eLearning program
- Access for a 60-day period, beginning from the date of your initial use. You will receive an access code after you register and pay for the class.
- An accompanying parent's handbook, sent after registration.
- A class with a certified educator to review breathing and relaxation techniques. Tour of obstetric department included.
- The opportunity to contact one of our nurse educators by e-mail to answer brief questions.
- Childbirth education and labor support
- Discomforts of pregnancy
- Understanding labor and birth
- Labor guide
- Caring for yourself postpartum
- Feeding your newborn
- Caring for your newborn
Who should take this birthing class?
- Women on bed rest
- Parents-to-be with scheduling conflicts or time constraints
- Independent learners
- Repeat parents who just need a refresher
Questions or comments?
- Call HealthConnection at 847.618.4YOU (4968)
Find out how NCH can help you have the best possible childbirth experience. To sign up for a tour of the Women’s Center or to find an obstetrician, certified nurse midwife or pediatrician, call 847.618.4YOU (4968). And join our NCHBaby online community for mothers and mothers-to-be.