Medical Services • Maternity Services
Maternity Services visitor information
- One adult family member or friend is welcome to spend the night during both the labor and delivery, and postpartum periods.
- A sibling of the newborn may visit anytime during the daytime hours as long as he or she is healthy. For safety reasons minors (including siblings) may not spend the night.
- All other visitors may visit anytime; the number of visitors is up to mom.
- Children, who are not siblings of the new baby must be 12 years of age and older.
- Visitors must not be sick with a cold, fever, diarrhea or sore throat.
- Visitors may be asked to step out of the room for your privacy and care.
- For security reasons, all visitors will be asked to give the new mother's first and last name before visiting.
There is also a large viewing window in the waiting room so you can show your newborn to visitors in the waiting room if you prefer.
Download visitor guidelines
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Parents can bring family members and siblings to visit.
- Parents are encouraged to visit anytime and stay overnight in their baby’s room.
Find out how NCH can help you have the best possible childbirth experience. To sign up for a tour of the Women’s Center or to find an obstetrician, certified nurse midwife or pediatrician, call 847.618.4YOU (4968).