Medical Services • Maternity Services
Simplify your admission process for the big day
Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for choosing NCH for your baby's delivery. We ask that you pre-register during the fourth month of pregnancy so we can anticipate your arrival and quickly admit you when you come to the hospital for labor and delivery.
When should I fill out the pre-admission paperwork?
At the beginning of your fourth month of pregnancy.
What should I send in?
- Completed and signed pre-admission form
- A copy of your driver's license or a state ID
- Copies of the front and back of all health insurance cards
Please mail to:
Northwest Community Hospital
Attn: Registration Department
800 W. Central Road
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
Anything else I should do?
- We recommend you review your insurance benefits with your carrier ahead of time and be aware if pre-authorization or notification upon admission is required. Many insurance companies require pre-certification for hospital admissions. Failure to obtain pre-certification may result in your insurance company reducing the benefit paid—in other words, making you responsible for a greater portion of your hospital bill.
- Should you have any questions about your hospital bill, please call NCH at 847.618.1000 and ask to speak with a financial counselor. Financial assistance, package pricing and payment plans may be available; a Financial Counselor can assist you with your planning at 847.618.4542.
What about my baby's insurance coverage?
- After you deliver, you will need to add your baby to your insurance
- You can do this from the hospital by calling the phone number on the back of your insurance card
- We know, it seems like this should happen automatically, but in our experience it does not
Do I still need to bring my insurance card to the hospital?
Yes! Please bring your insurance card(s) and a picture ID, such as a driver's license, so we can verify and update our information
Where should we park when we come to the hospital?
Download this list of directions and map of the hospital.
What if I have a question?
Please call the Access Services Department at NCH at 847.618.4500.
Find out how NCH can help you have the best possible childbirth experience. To sign up for a tour of the Women’s Center
or to find an obstetrician, certified nurse midwife
, call 847.618.4YOU (4968).