Medical Services • Mental Health
Adult Inpatient Services
Promoting recovery with dignity through supportive and patient centered care
NCH’s adult inpatient program is designed for individuals 18 and older, who are in acute crisis due to a wide range of psychiatric and emotional problems.
Treatment is first focused on stabilizing the most urgent symptoms and then gradually transitioning to less intensive care.
We believe in a multi-faceted approach to treatment—encompassing the biological, emotional, social and spiritual aspects of recovery. In addition, we actively involve the patient and his or her family in all aspects of the treatment process (as permitted by the patient).
We offer a comprehensive network of mental health services
- Medication evaluation and management
- Crisis stabilization
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Education about mental illness
- Relapse prevention including a discharge plan that links patients to community resources or outpatient mental health services
On-site specialty treatment teams include:
- Full-time, on-site Psychiatrists
- Licensed clinical social workers and professional counselors
- Psychiatric nurses