Medical Services • Neurosciences
Call NCH's financial counselors at 847.618.4542 to secure:
- Quotes for services in advance
- Answers to your healthcare financial questions
IS IT A STROKE? THINK F-A-S-T
||Ask the person to smile. Does one side of the face droop?
||Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
||Ask the person to repeat a simple phrase. Does the speech sound slurred or strange?
||If you observe any of these signs, it's time to call 911!
How the NCH Neurosciences Team Is Here for You
A sudden, pounding headache or nausea could be signs of the flu—or the onset of a more serious neurological problem. Rest assured that Northwest Community Healthcare’s division of Neurosciences has you covered.
If it’s a stroke, getting medical help within the first few hours is critical. As a Primary Stroke Center certified by The Joint Commission, NCH is one of only two hospitals in the Northwest Suburbs to offer the latest minimally invasive neurointerventional procedures. These procedures can significantly diminish, if not reverse, the effects of a stroke.
Our board-certified and experienced staff of neurologists, neurosurgeons, neurointerventional surgeons and other specialists diagnose and treat a host of other complex disorders of the brain, nerves and spinal cord including:
- Migraines and complex headaches
- Brain aneurysms and vascular diseases of the brain
- Spinal pain, injuries or damage
- Brain tumors
- Movement disorders including Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy
- Neuromuscular disorders including myasthenia gravis, peripheral neuropathy
- Cognitive disorders including Alzheimer’s disease
Advanced neurological care
Whatever your neurological condition, you’ll find the same level of neurological excellence that you’d find in a Chicago teaching hospital—right here in the Northwest Suburbs. And to make our care for neurological disorders even better, we partner with physicians from the Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation to offer our patients the very best in neurointerventional care.
In fact, NCH was one of only four hospitals nationwide selected to receive the latest neuroscience equipment and highly advanced training on the treatment of severe traumatic brain injuries through an Adam Williams Initiative Grant. This grant allows us to continue developing our leadership position in the field of neurotrauma and neurocritical care in our community.
Get the best in neurological care. For a physician referral, call HealthConnection at 847.618.4YOU (4968) or find a physician here.
Experience the Difference at NCH
NCH Primary Stroke Center
- Highly specialized multidisciplinary stroke team—made up of neurological surgeons, neurointerventional surgeons, neurologists, advanced practice nurses, critical care, ENT and vascular surgery professionals.
- On call at a moment’s notice, our team can perform the latest advanced stroke rescue treatments on patients displaying stroke symptoms.
Neurological expertise on call
- Talented, board-certified medical specialists committed to innovation and compassionate care for patients experiencing stroke symptoms.
- Highly experienced in treating ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes, as well as transient ischemic attacks (TIAs).
- In addition, the latest minimally invasive procedures are available for many other neurological issues.
- Check our Quality Report Card and see how we compare to other hospitals nationwide.
Nationally recognized for excellence
- Neurology patients requiring follow-up care have access to our Outpatient Physical Rehabilitation services.
- Includes physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and aquatic therapy.
Get the best in neurological care. For a physician referral, call HealthConnection at 847.618.4YOU (4968), or find a physician here.
Healthcare providers: For emergency or urgent intra-hospital transfers, please call our 24-hour Stroke Hotline at 847.618.8888.