Medical Services • Orthopedic Services
The NCH Advantage
Get your FREE Joint Health Kit!
This helpful kit is filled with valuable information to keep your joints pain-free. To order yours, call NCH HealthConnection at 847.618.4YOU (4968).
Did you know that Northwest Community Hospital ranks among the top 10 hospitals in the Chicago area for the number of knee replacement, hip replacement and other joint replacements surgeries we perform every year? Our board-certified orthopedic surgeons and specially trained orthopedic nurses and therapists are here for you—before, during and after surgery.
Expert team of board certified orthopedists
At NCH, our outstanding orthopedic surgeons offer evaluation and diagnoses, compassionate treatment, and outstanding follow-up communications. Inpatient and outpatient services include:
Our surgical suites and Day Surgery Center feature the latest surgical and pain management technologies. Our South Pavilion orthopedics unit provides knee replacement, hip replacement and other joint replacement patients with the amenities they expect, including private rooms, comfortable fold-out beds for family members and wireless Internet access. And our expert orthopedic surgeons, Magnet®-awarded nurses and specially trained therapists provide the best in care.
Continuum of care for orthopedic surgery patients
There’s a reason why consumers in the Northwest Suburbs prefer NCH for their knee replacements, hip replacements and other joint replacements. In fact, our high surgical volumes and vast expertise led us to develop the multi-faceted Total Joint Replacement Program, designed to help patients recover as quickly as possible.
- Pre-admission testing (PAT) includes thorough surgical orientation prior to your procedure to ensure that your questions are answered.
- Our free pre-operative instruction class for total joint replacement includes information on planning, preparation, post-anesthesia care, overview of orthopedic unit, adaptive equipment, discharge planning and more. The pre-registration department can be reached at 847.618.3775.
- Advanced pain management techniques, including nerve blocks and other specialized pain medication regimens, help control pain and encourage faster recovery.
- Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Team monitors patient outcomes, complications, length of stay and patient satisfaction with education. You can check our Patient Satisfaction results listed on NCH's Quality Report Card.
- Magnet®-awarded nursing care—Only 6% of healthcare organizations across the country have earned Magnet status from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Magnet Recognition Program™ serves as the gold standard for nursing excellence and provides consumers with the ultimate benchmark for measuring quality of care.
- Outpatient physical rehabilitation services meet a wide range of specialized needs, including physical therapy.
- If you need skilled help at home, NCH Home Care can provide experienced and licensed nurses, social workers and therapists to come to your home and work with you.
More than just surgery
We can also help you with prevention information as well as treatment plans to:
- Avoid injuries.
- Slow the progress of diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and other forms of arthritis.
- Help conditions like bursitis and tendonitis.
We concentrate on the causes of joint and muscle pain to ensure that you get the best treatment available for you.
If you are having orthopedic surgery, visit the Patients section for all of the pre-op information you need.
Get the orthopedic care you need. For a physician referral, please call HealthConnection at 847.618.4YOU (4968), or view our list of Northwest Community Hospital orthopedic surgeons.