Medical Services • Physical Rehabilitation Services
How We're Here for You with Complete Rehabilitation Services
When an injury, illness or recent surgery impairs your ability to live to your full potential, you want the most highly skilled physical rehabilitation experts at your side. Northwest Community Hospital's Physical Rehabilitation Services department provides a wide range of outpatient services for physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, and sports medicine services. By working with you, your family and your personal physician, we can tailor our physical rehabilitation services to meet your needs through a comprehensive assessment and personalized rehabilitation program.
Whatever your physical rehabilitation needs may be, NCH is here with the help you need to get moving again.
- Our physical therapists can improve your strength, mobility and coordination after an injury or joint replacement or other type of surgery.
- Our occupational therapists can help you function more independently.
- Our speech and language pathologists can improve your ability to communicate and swallow safely after an event like a stroke.
- Our sports medicine team can get you back in the game.
Rely on NCH for all of your physical rehabilitation needs—the one rehabilitation program that works in close contact with your physician and is carefully monitored by licensed professional therapists.
Experience the Difference at NCH
The latest, most advanced therapies
- Physical therapy focuses on improving and restoring strength, mobility, coordination, endurance and flexibility. Specialized physical therapy programs include aquatic therapy, sports medicine, pelvic floor therapy and vestibular [inner ear/balance] rehabilitation programs.
- Occupational therapy focuses on enabling you to function as independently as possible and perform activities of daily living. Specialized occupational therapy programs include hand therapy, lymphedema control and low-vision programs.
- Speech and language pathology concentrates on restoring the ability to communicate through development and improvement of speaking, listening, thinking, reading, writing, problem-solving, and organizing and sequencing skills. Specialized speech and language therapy programs include the Lee Silverman Voice Treatment® Accent Modification programs and a stroke support group.
Compassion combined with expertise
- Licensed physical therapists and occupational therapists, as well as certified physical therapy and occupational therapy assistants, provide a wide range of services to enhance movement and address functional problems.
- Speech and language pathologists provide comprehensive evaluations and treatments with speaking, listening, understanding and writing skills.
- Licensed physical therapists and athletic trainers offer the latest methods to help professional, recreational and student athletes.
High-risk neonatal developmental follow-up clinic
- Our follow-up clinic focuses on the developmental progress and care of babies who’ve been in our Level III NICU and have had a difficult start because of premature birth or other physical challenges.
- Clinic hours are on Thursdays at the Hospital. Please call 847.618.7761 for the current schedule. We assess babies for progress in growth and development and, if needed, refer families for additional therapies
- Progress reports are sent to your child's pediatrician
- Staffed by licensed physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech language pathologists
- Staff headed by Dr. Joel Fisher, director of neonatology at NCH and an associate professor at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago/Northwestern University
- Download a brochure
Seven convenient locations
Get the rehabilitation you need through our advanced, hospital-based program. For more information, call 847.618.3550. A physician's order is required to schedule an appointment. To schedule an appointment, call 847.618.3700.