Medical Services • Preventive Health & Wellness Services
Safety training courses
Our Health & Wellness programs also provide safety training to companies and their employees.
*All safety-training courses are video driven. TV and DVD required. Table and room for each participant to write and practice are necessary. All class times are estimated.
American Heart Association Courses
Taught by a certified American Heart Association instructor
Offerings include: Heartsaver AED – Adult/Child CPR and AED Training; Heartsaver First Aid; Heartsaver First Aid, CPR with AED; Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers with AED and CPR for Adults/Children/Infants.
- All classes include a book and course completion card. Certification is valid for two years.
- Our Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers is the only course currently with a re-certification program. It requires a current certification card (not expired) to be presented at class time.
- It is highly recommended that each participant prepare for the course by studying course materials in advance.
Blood Borne Pathogens
One-hour seminar provided by a registered nurse or other healthcare professional
- Learn about Blood Borne Pathogen Standards
- Review the potential of blood borne diseases in the workplace
- Discuss risk reduction including engineering controls, work practice controls and personal protective equipment
- What to do if an exposure occurs
Drug and Alcohol Training
Drug and Alcohol Supervisor Training*
Two- and one-half hour program provided by a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor
- Learn about addictions and the incidence of drug and alcohol abuse in the workplace
- Review how to approach an employee suspected of drug or alcohol abuse and how to successfully intervene including referral for help
- Discuss employee drug testing and how to implement a drug-free workplace program
- Review the importance of appropriate documentation
Drug and Alcohol Employee Training*
Two-hour program provided by a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor
- Learn the adverse health effects of drug and alcohol abuse
- Discuss drug testing
- Review the Medical Review Officer's and Substance Abuse Professional's role and function
*These programs will satisfy the Department of Transportation requirement