Medical Services • Surgical Services
The NCH Advantage • Expertise
The first of its kind in the tri-state area of Illinois,
Wisconsin and Indiana–only at NCH.
When you turn to Northwest Community Hospital for your outpatient surgery or inpatient surgery, you'll be cared for by some of the most sought-after specialists in the Northwest Suburbs.
Our surgeons perform more than 17,000 minimally invasive, robotic surgery and traditional surgeries each year, making them experts in:
- Back/spinal surgery
- Breast surgery
- Colorectal surgery
- Gallbladder surgery
- Kidney surgery
- Heart surgery
- Neurological surgery
- Neurointerventional surgery
- Orthopedic surgery (sports medicine)
- Joint replacement surgery
- Pediatric surgery
- Prostate surgery
- Robotic surgery
NCH has been nationally recognized for our clinical excellence and superb surgical care. It's this expertise that ensures you'll get the best possible surgical treatment, close to home.
Precision-skilled teams of surgeons, nurses and technicians
- All NCH operating rooms are staffed by Magnet®-designated nurses, surgical technologists, and board-certified anesthesiologists and surgeons.
- Multidisciplinary teams meet weekly to discuss patients' medical history, diagnostic testing, surgical procedures, treatment options and pain management.
- Dedicated nurse specialists coordinate treatment and answer questions.
Wide range of surgical services to meet your specific needs
- Open surgery—Traditional surgery performed with incisions.
- Minimally invasive surgery—Computer-assisted surgery in which surgeons make small incisions and operate using a video camera and lens system.
- Robotic surgery—Using the da Vinci® Robotic Surgery System, surgeons are able to help patients recover faster, with less pain. Surgeons from across the US come to the Robotic Gynecologic Surgery Institute to train on benign gynecologic surgery.
- Pediatric surgery—Traditional or minimally invasive surgery focused on the unique needs of younger patients with board-certified specialists from Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago.
- Surgical biopsies—Traditional biopsy methods to aid in the diagnosis of cancer.
Nationally recognized for excellence and quality performance
If you are having surgery, visit the Patient section for all the pre-op information you need.
For a physician referral, please call HealthConnection at 847.618.4YOU, or
view our list of Northwest Community Hospital surgeons.