Medical Services • Surgical Services
The NCH Advantage
Surgical services that bring convenience, quality and comfort close to home
Highly skilled and experienced NCH surgical staff
- Board-certified surgeons and anesthesiologists, Magnet®-designated nurses, and surgical technologists staff every NCH operating room.
- More than 17,000 inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures are performed at Northwest Community Hospital every year.
- Sophisticated diagnostic screenings and biopsies for earlier and more accurate diagnoses.
- Minimally invasive surgeries for many orthopedic, gynecological, thoracic, urological and colorectal conditions.
- da Vinci® Robotic Surgical System offers patients less painful, safer and faster recoveries.
- Convenient Day Surgery Center for most outpatient procedures.
- 24 fully equipped operating rooms for inpatient and select outpatient surgeries.
- Surgeons from across the country come to NCH to train on the da Vinci system at the Robotic Gynecologic Surgery Institute.
- Ours is the first gynecology Epicenter in the tri-state area of Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana, and one of only 22 of its kind in the country.
- At NCH, we are committed to helping prevent or control any post-surgical pain.
- All anesthesia and pain medications are administered by board-certified physicians.
If you are having surgery, visit the Patient section for all the pre-op information you need.
For a physician referral, please call HealthConnection at 847.618.4YOU, or view our list of Northwest Community Hospital surgeons.