Nurses • Philosophy of Nursing Excellence
Recipient of Magnet® Recognition for Nursing Excellence
At NCH, nursing excellence is our passion. We are one of only 6% of healthcare organizations in the nation to earn Magnet® status as designated by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). To read more about Northwest Community's Magnet recognition, click here.
We achieved Magnet status because of the commitment of our nurses to the:
- Respect the patient's right to participate and direct decisions regarding his/her health care; advocate guided by the Patient's Bill of Rights.
- Coordinate and provide care for populations served based on the patient's language, culture and other individual needs.
- Lead a culture of patient safety.
- Adhere to the American Nurses' Association Code of Ethics.
Patient’s family and support networks
- Partner with the patient's significant others to support the patient's care.
- Make decisions based upon the American Nurses' Association Principles for Nursing Practice and American Nurses' Association Scope & Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrate accountability for making decisions about patient care based on current evidence, research and collaborative practice with the healthcare team.
- Lead the future of nursing toward meeting the key messages and recommendations published in the Institute of Medicine, Future of Nursing Report.
NCH’s interprofessional team
- Partner with the interprofessional team to share knowledge and innovative processes that coordinate patient-centric care to provide an exceptional patient experience for every patient, every time.
- Model behaviors that support the shared mission, vision and values of the integrated system of care.