Patients • Payment, Billing and Financial Services
Financial Roles and Responsibilities – for NCH and you
- Bill your insurance plan, including Medicare and Medicaid, for payment of services. If you have more than one insurance plan, Northwest Community will bill these other plans as well.
- Send you statements that show the most current balance that your insurance company owes or that is your responsibility. After your insurance has paid, we will send you a statement showing the amount you owe.
- Provide a financial counselor to answer billing and insurance questions or assist you with payment issues. A counselor also can help you determine if you qualify for NCH’s financial assistance. These programs can help uninsured or underinsured patients. In addition, a counselor can help determine if you qualify for any of the package priced services that are offered.
- Arrange translation assistance for you free of charge to answer your billing and payment questions
Financial counselors can be called at 847.618.4542 until 9 pm, seven days a week.
- Provide complete identification and health insurance information upon registration including driver's license or state identification card, all insurance cards and authorization forms
- Assign your insurance benefits to Northwest Community
- Understand and comply with insurance plan requirements by obtaining authorizations for services, providing referral forms or completing any required coordination of benefits forms
- Bring your referral/authorization form and your physician's order to your appointment – for outpatient devices
- Respond immediately to insurance plan requests. If your insurance company has not paid us and has not responded to our attempts to resolve your payment issues, the balance owed may become your responsibility.
- Call with any questions or concerns about a bill. The phone number on the bill you receive is the best number to call for information. For information about services not covered by insurance, call the number on your insurance card
- Make prompt payments. Payment for your bill is ultimately your responsibility, with the exception of services approved Medicare, Medicaid and TriCare
- Pay prior to the time of service; or prior to discharge if you have a deductible, co-payment or other self-pay amount due; or if you do not have insurance coverage
- For your convenience, Northwest Community accepts cash, personal check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express
- Notify Northwest Community if you have difficulty paying the bill. If you are having financial problems, please let us know
- Notify NCH if your treatment is the result of an accident or work injury. If your service or hospitalization results from an accident or work injury, you may be asked to provide information about possible payments from sources such as homeowners' insurance, worker's compensation or auto insurance.