NCH Immediate Care Centers & Occupational Health transition to a new EMR system
Beginning in August all NCH Immediate Care Centers (ICC) as well as Occupational Health Services (located in Pod E in the Hospital ER) will transition to electronic orders and documentation using the Allscripts electronic medical record (EMR) system. Over the past year, this EMR was successfully piloted at NCH's Immediate Care Center in Mount Prospect. The transition to the new EMR at other ICC locations will occur over several weeks to allow physicians and staff ample time to be trained on the new system.
What to Expect During the Transition?
Same great level of care you and your patients' have come to expect from NCH
While staff will be trained in advance of each go-live, they will need time to acclimate to the new system and processes. During this transition, physicians and their patients can be assured that they will be provided with the same quality care received today. Information will be posted at each facility to help educate patients about this change, and staff will receive scripts to help them answer patient questions.
New Reporting Format
Reports generated from the ICCs going live, as well as Occupational Health Services, will have a new look and feel. Consistent with the reporting currently in practice at the NCH ICC in Mount Prospect, a summary report will be available via CareLink within 24 hours of patient discharge.
Benefits of this change include:
- More than one clinician can view the patient chart at the same time.
- Nurses can easily check test results and order status.
- Historical information such as medications, allergies and medical conditions are entered into the computer and can be accessed as needed – during this visit and future visits.
- Physicians and appropriate advanced practice staff can place orders electronically.
- Prescriptions can be sent electronically to a pharmacy the patient prefers.
- A key advantage to electronic documentation is the elimination of illegible handwriting – an advantage for all!
Lake Zurich ICC|
Occupational Health (Pod E)
Buffalo Grove ICC
August 20, 2012|
September 10, 2012
September 24, 2012
October 8, 2012
Questions? Contact Holly Badal, director, NCH Immediate Care Centers, at 847.540.8088.