NCH launches mobile application for urgent and daily healthcare needs
Learn more and watch the MyNCH demo video at nch.org/app.
Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH) is making it easier for individuals to stay connected with the recent launch of MyNCH™, a custom-designed mobile application (app) that allows individuals to better manage their urgent and day-to-day healthcare needs – with just the tap of a finger.
MyNCH is a multi-functional mobile app that provides people with instant access to NCH hospital services, emergency care, immediate care and specialty centers throughout the northwest suburbs. In fact, NCH is among the first healthcare providers in Illinois and one of only 13 comparable hospitals in the country to provide its patients with a robust mobile app.
"At NCH, we are continually identifying ways to make healthcare more accessible to our community," says Bruce Crowther, NCH President and CEO. "By leveraging mobile technology, we can help individuals who are on-the-go better manage their healthcare, both planned and unexpected, at their convenience in a format they are familiar using."
Features and services of the MyNCH app include:
- Real-time estimated wait times at the NCH Emergency Room, Pediatric ER and the four NCH Immediate Care Centers.
- An interactive facility locator with details about all NCH locations, including the level of care and medical services provided at each location.
- Driving directions as well as estimated drive time and distance to any NCH facility based on the user's current location.
- Access to nch.org for additional information about medical services, upcoming community health events and the Physician Directory profiles of all NCH medical staff members.
- E-mail and touch-to-call capability that allows users to connect with select NCH departments and representatives.
- An appointment request service based on a user's preferences.
- The My Schedule window provides patients with a view of their upcoming appointments.
- Access to nch.org for additional information about medical services, upcoming community health events and NCH's online Physician Directory.
Download the App Today
MyNCH is available for download in the Apple App Store for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch devices. There is no charge to download the MyNCH app, but specified rates from wireless providers may apply. The Android version of MyNCH is coming soon.
For more information and to view the MyNCH demo video, visit nch.org/app.