CareLink Portal Password Strengthening in Effect
In order to be compliant with the Password Management HIPAA Privacy Rule, NCH is required to strengthen CareLink portal passwords. To meet the administrative password safeguards, passwords must expire and have increased complexity.
NCH began implementing strong password requirements, effective July 31
The new password rules are as follows:
- There can be no sequences in your password (i.e. ABC, 123, 111, 999)
- There needs to be at least 1 LOWER CASE letter
- There needs to be at least 1 UPPER CASE letter
- There needs to be at least 1 NUMBER
- Password needs to be minimum of 6 characters long and maximum of 14
- Passwords will expire every 90 days. You will receive a warning 5 days before your password is due to expire. At this time, we recommend that you change the password.
- Password changes must contain a minimum of 4 new characters that follow rules 1-5 above.
- You will be given 5 attempts to remember your password before you are locked out. You will then need to contact IT for assistance.
What Does this Change Mean to Me?
Your password will continue to expire every 90 days. However, the next time your password expires you will need to set a new password based on the above requirements.
For CareLink assistance, please call:
8:00 am – 4:00 pm Mon – Fri|
Please Note: Our IT Help desk is available to assist you on holidays and outside these hours.|
Help Desk at 847.618.4892|
5:30 am – 12:00 am Mon – Fri|
7:00 am – 11:30 pm Weekends|