NCH offers Physician Leadership Development course
As Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH) creates the platform for an integrated system of care, NCH is supporting the further development of physician leaders, both independent and employed, who will become partners in re-envisioning the way healthcare is delivered. Together, NCH and physician leaders will work in concert to optimize quality, outcomes, and the patient experience while lowering the cost of care delivery.
Essentials of Financial Management
Saturday, September 7, from 7:30 am – 12:30 pm at NCH.
Learn why the ability to apply financial principles and concepts to decision making is critical for the physician executive in today's healthcare environment. The session will begin with an interactive discussion led by NCH CEO Stephen Scogna and NCH COO Michael Hartke. Registrations are being accepted through August 30. For more information, contact Kelly Raffel at 847.618.5283.
To that end, NCH is pleased to offer a formal Physician Leadership Development program, in coordination with the American College of Physician Executives, that will provide physicians in leadership roles with the knowledge and tools they need to function as high performing leaders in the community or in the NCH system.
Whether a medical staff member is currently a physician leader within NCH or has an interest and willingness to become one, physicians are encouraged to complete an application for the fourth course offering of the Physician Leadership Development program to be held on September 7.
- Physicians currently in formal leadership roles at NCH, such as Medical Staff Officers, Department/Section Chiefs or Committee Chairs.
- Physicians who are active members of an NCH committee.
- Physicians who are or may be willing to serve as an active member of an NCH committee.
- Physicians in leadership positions within their professional practice.
- NCH is partnering with the American College of Physician Executives (ACPE) – recognized as the premier organization for physician leadership education – to provide quarterly on-site courses.
- Courses are typically half-day sessions that cover a variety of relevant and timely topics focused on building the necessary leadership skills to support safe, high-quality healthcare services.
- Class sizes will be limited and participation will be determined through an application process.
- Attendees will earn CME credit.
For more information, contact Kelly Raffel, vice president, physician alignment and system of care, at 847.618.5283.