Healthcare Provider Recognition for Excellence in Documentation
Congratulations to Dr. Richard Baker!
Dr. Baker is the recipient of the first ever "Excellence in Documentation" award for healthcare providers who write clear, complete notes that are consistent with the new ICD-10 coding scheduled to take effect on Oct. 1, 2014.
The Clinical Documentation Specialist (CDS) Team recognizes Dr. Baker for his excellence in medical record documentation this month. To achieve this award, the healthcare provider needs to complete the following criteria:
- Clear, legible, complete, accurate, and consistent documentation
- Documentation of diagnoses with their clinical indicators
- Documentation of the assessment and plan of care for the patient
- Resolution or "ruling out" of medical problems and diagnoses
- Acuity and/or specificity of diagnoses including body sites
- Diagnostic information clearly depicted in the medical record
The CDS team will present the Excellence in Documentation award every other month to healthcare providers who exhibit inclusive and thorough documentation. Healthcare providers who receive the Excellence in Documentation award will be recognized in SCAN, on the NCH Intranet, and will be presented with an award certificate, poster and cake. Winners also receive a gift card to Village Caféé.