Chicken Wraps with Toasted Corn
Try these wraps as a light dinner with a side of toasted corn, or make ahead for a filling lunch that won't leave you reaching for a cookie at 3 pm
This tasty meal features romaine lettuce, which is rich in lutein, a nutrient that may help protect your eyesight. The wrap also has lots of fiber, protein and complex carbohydrates to give you long-lasting energy.
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen, thawed
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ⅛ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 small avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 c. coarsely shredded romaine lettuce, divided
- 4 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- 12 oz. (2 c.) shredded, cooked chicken breast
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- ¾ c. mild tomato salsa from a jar, drained of excess liquid
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
1. For toasted corn, spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add corn, salt, chili powder and cumin. Cook over medium heat, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until corn is lightly browned. Remove from heat.
2. For chicken wraps, sprinkle avocado with lemon juice. Mix avocado with 2 cups lettuce. Divide among four plates. Arrange tortillas on plates. Top each tortilla with ½ cup chicken. Add ¼ cup remaining lettuce to each. Pull together sides of tortillas. Close tortillas with toothpicks. Add tomato garnish. Spoon corn onto plates.
3. Combine salsa, oil and vinegar. Drizzle over the wrap or place on the side.
Makes 4 servings (½ c. corn; 1 tortilla; ¾ c. lettuce, ⅓ c. avocado and 3 oz. chicken per serving). Each serving has: 340 calories; 11 g total fat; 27 g protein; 36 g carbohydrates; 60 mg cholesterol; 450 mg sodium and 6.5 g dietary fiber.