“To be able to improve the lives of others through this clinic by helping them manage their condition is something that would make my husband proud.” – Martha Atherton, in memory of Robert Atherton
NCH treats over 1,600 heart failure patients each year, but when patients are discharged they can be overwhelmed by the many challenges ahead of them – management of dozens of medications, dosage adjustments, and adherence to lifestyle changes such as diet and exercise.
We invite you to be a part of a community-wide campaign to establish operating support of the Atherton Clinic for the first three years of service. Gifts will provide help to thousands of patients with critical heart complications.
With the backing of generous donors, NCH has created a clinic for heart failure patients at the NCH Medical Center in Mount Prospect. At the Atherton Heart Failure Clinic, patients will have easier access to the care they need to manage their illness in one convenient, outpatient location. The Atherton Clinic will offer:
- Easy appointment setting with our cardiac practitioners
- Education for the family and hosted events for families and community members
- Tele-health monitoring allowing our heart failure patients monitoring from the comfort of their home
- Certified dietitians educating and monitoring patient’s success
- Free monthly heart failure education support group
100 percent of your gift will go toward the Atherton Heart Failure Clinic and will help us provide heart failure patients with the timely support and access to care they need to stay healthy and enjoy a better quality of life.
See location and contact information for the Atherton Heart Failure Clinic.