This event has passed
NCH Symposium: Amputee Care across the Continuum
Saturday, May 18, 2019 @ 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Interested in learning more about treating patients with amputations?
Join us for this multidisciplinary CE opportunity for 8.0 CE hours. Registration required.
Employees - call 847-618-4968 to register
Non-employees - $79.99 register here online
A realm of healthcare providers assists in the treatment and management of amputation conditions. This course is intended to promote collaboration of multiple disciplines to enhance care across the healthcare continuum and improve long-term outcomes for those affected by an amputation. An overview of treatment processes from surgery, to prosthetic management, to ongoing fitness following an amputation will be provided. Physical therapists, occupational therapists and nurses will gain knowledge to expand their skills and increase their confidence in managing these conditions.
What You'll Learn:
Upon completion of this course, participant will be better able to:
- Describe the post-operative course of care following an amputation.
- State the role of prosthetist in long-term management of patients with prostheses.
- Explain the role of inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation following amputation and considerations for ongoing management.
- Explain the relationship of the physiatrist with vascular surgery, rehab and prothestics.
- Identify the importance of wound care and diabetic management and its implications on health of the involved and uninvolved limb.
- Blaine Harbourne, ACSM-CPT, NSCA-CSCS, ACSM-CES - Wellness Center Fitness Representative
- Dan Gehbauer, CPO, LPO – Hanger Clinic: Prosthetics Orthotics Representative
- David E. Mahon, M.D., FACS – Wound Care Team Representative
- Jessica Greve, P.T., DPT - Outpatient Physical Therapist
- Kristen Iverson, P.T., DPT – Inpatient Rehab
- Lindsey Butkus, OTR/L – Outpatient Occupational Therapist
- Melissa Ptak, MSN, R.N., CDE – Diabetic Services Program, Nurse Educator
- Rahul Sharma, M.D. – Inpatient Rehab
- Sapan S. Desai, M.D., PhD, MBA, FACS – Vascular Surgeon
Are you a NCH employee? Call 847-618-4968 to register!
Room or Location: