Fall Symposium – Concussion Management
Saturday, November 16, 2019 @ 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Interested in learning more about treating patients with concussions?
Join us for this CE opportunity for 4.0 CE hours. Registration required.
PLEASE INDICATE YOUR DISCIPLINE AND PROVIDE YOUR LICENSE NUMBER IN THE ADDITIONAL COMMENTS AREA WHEN REGISTERING ONLINE.
Employees - call 847-618-4968 to register
Non-employees - $29.99 register here online
Course Description: Concussion injuries are increasing throughout the population and may lead to impairments in neurocognitive function. Determining how to best manage patients with concussion consists of a multidisciplinary approach. This course will describe management strategies from multiple healthcare professionals and will provide guidance concerning how to screen, treat, and refer appropriately to improve functional outcomes for patients s/p concussion.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be better able to:
- Understand what a comprehensive subjective history is – from patient and caregiver, screening all systems, environmental, and social scenarios that may impede clinical care and outcomes.
- Understand what a comprehensive physical examination is or recognizes concussion signs and symptoms that may lead to an appropriate diagnosis and/or referral.
- Demonstrate specific interventions to address specific concussion trajectories: ocular, vestibular, post-traumatic, cervical pain, cognitive-fatigue, anxiety/mood issues, etc.
- Appreciate the interdisciplinary model necessary to appropriately care for the chronic post-concussive patient, and be able to identify which patients would benefit from referral to other health care providers.
- Evaluate a patient’s readiness for return activity after a concussion.
- Medical Director of NCH Inpatient Acute Rehab Care Unit and Physiatrist – Rahul Sharma, MD
- Developmental and Rehabilitation Optometrist: Neil Margolis, OD
- Neuropsychologist – Elizabeth M. Pieroth, PsyD
- Physical Therapist – Rocky Bielawski, PT Gina Reedy, PT, Stacey O’Leary, PT
- Occupational therapist – Marquita Robinson-Altman, OTR/L
- Patient Experience
Are you a NCH employee? Call 847-618-4968 to register!
Room or Location:
Book This Event
Advanced booking is required to attend this event.