Call your healthcare provider if you:
- Feel sick with fever, cough or have difficulty breathing
- Have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19
- Live in or have recently traveled from an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19
Your healthcare provider will determine if you need to be tested for COVID-19. We urge you to please call for a screening prior to walking into a clinic.
The following visitor restrictions will be put in place starting March 14, until further notice:
- No visitors will be permitted in adult inpatient units. Please note these visitor exceptions:
- Critically ill/end of life patients – the number of visitors will be managed by the care team
- Our pediatric patient population may have one visitor. Patients in the Mother Baby Unit may have one partner. While in Labor and Delivery, patients can have one partner and one doula if needed.
- Adult patients undergoing surgery may have one visitor for the duration of the procedure.
- Patients in our outpatient clinics may have one support person.
- Emergency Department patients may have one support person.
In the interest of public safety, until further notice, we will be implementing the following closures:
- Due to a nationwide supply shortage, NCH has closed its drive-thru testing for COVID-19 until further notice.
- We are completely closing the Wellness Center beginning March 17.
- We are temporarily discontinuing our cardiac and pulmonary rehab programs at the Wellness Center location and at the Kildeer Outpatient Care Center location.
- We will not be providing childcare at the NCH Wellness Center’s Kids Club. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to reinstating this service in the future.
- All prenatal classes are cancelled for March and April. Please take advantage of our online educational courses through the NCH Baby App powered by MyYoMingo. Register here for the app, and then once registered, download the app from the Apple or Google Play store.
- All Labor and Delivery Tours are cancelled for March and April.
- All classes and support groups have been cancelled until further notice.
- Sleep Center is closed.
- We have suspended all Heartsaver, Healthcare Provider, CPR, ACLS, and PALS education courses. If an AHA certification is due to expire between now and the dates that courses can be reinstated, a 60 day extension will be granted.
- Gift shop is closed until further notice. You may still fill out a free greeting card online.
Temporary Main Entrance #4 Hours:
- Weekdays 7am-8pm
- Weekends 8am-8pm
- Please use the Emergency Entrance after hours
- Valet parking is temporarily unavailable
Medical Group Updates:
- Due to COVID-19, NCH Medical Group has shortened its hours of operations. All offices close at 5 p.m. Monday through Friday until further notice. To minimize unnecessary exposure and follow the guidelines of social distancing, most existing appointments with NCH Medical Group providers can be converted to virtual visits. We encourage you to call your NCH Medical Group provider's office to schedule an appointment for a virtual visit, if appropriate, instead of an in-person visit. Learn more about virtual visit appointments.
- Medical Group services at Harper College are now temporarily closed. Physicians and staff will be re-deployed to assist at other ICC locations. Physical Therapy will remain open at Harper College.
- NCH Medical Group location at 500 N. Hicks Road in Palatine will be temporarily closed beginning Monday, March 23.
- Prevention and wellness visits will be suspended until further notice.
- Patients are encouraged to call prior to a walk-in visit.
- COVID–19 Testing Billing Information: Please note that at this time there is no standardization for how insurance companies pay for COVID-19 testing. Some insurance plans will cover this testing at 100% while others may not. This may impact your billing if you have been tested for COVID-19. If you have been tested and receive a bill from NCH, we recommend that you please contact your insurance company to inquire if your benefits should cover this test as soon as you receive an explanation of benefits from your insurance plan. Thank you for your patience as we work through the many challenges we are all experiencing due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To our valued patients: We are empathetic to the potential financial hardship caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Please call us at 847-618-4780 (option 2) and ask about increased flexibility available regarding your payments and payment plans during this stressful time.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We will continue to provide updates here and on our social media channels.