Dedicated to creating a healthier community in 2019 and beyond, Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH) is partnering with the Arlington Heights Memorial Library (AHML) to present a series of free presentations on general health topics of interest.
“With NCH experts presenting these topics, we’re able to offer both in-depth learning about many different health issues, but also the opportunity for patrons to have questions answered by physicians and clinicians onsite,” says Mary Hastings, Director of Communications and Marketing at the AHML.
The series kicks off Tuesday, February 12 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. with the first talk, “Your Health: Your Heart,” which features ways to take better care of your heart.
Clinicians and physicians will explain:
• The difference between a normal and abnormal heart
• What to eat to have a healthy heart
• Ways to keep your heart healthy
• Specific exercises for the heart
• Heart rhythm disorders, such as AFib
• Valve disease
Light, nutritious refreshments will be served and a free, on-the-spot blood pressure screening will be available. The community is invited to attend this free event. No library card is needed. The lecture will be held in Hendrickson North and South. Register online at www.ahml.info/content/your-health-your-heart or call 847-392-0100.
Additional dates and topics in the “Your Health” series include:
• March 19 – Colorectal Cancer Awareness
• April 9 – Women’s Health As You Age
• May 21 – Back and Spine Health
• July 16 – Sports Medicine
• September 10 – Oncology
• November 12 – Behavioral Health
“The library is the perfect venue for this type of community health education,” says Hastings. “People come in to the library all the time looking for health-related information, and this partnership takes our resources to the next level.”