Did you know that getting an annual mammogram is as quick as taking a coffee break? To boost breast cancer awareness in the community this month, the Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH) Braista (pronounced Brah-eesta) Coffee Cart is visiting various communities where families gather, including Woodfield Mall during Mall-o-ween. NCH will hand out coffee and sign up women for their annual mammograms throughout the month of October, National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Some of Braista’s appearances include:
- Thursday, Oct. 11 @ Prospect High School volleyball game from 3 to 7 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 12 @ Rolling Meadows vs. Hersey High School football game from 5:45 to end of game
- Saturday, Oct. 13 @ Mount Prospect Family Fest from 2 to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 20 @ Arlington Heights Harmony Park from 8 a.m. to noon
- Tuesday, Oct. 23 @ Harper College in Palatine from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. in Building D; then until noon Building A
- Friday, Oct. 26 @ Arlington Heights Jewel Osco from 7 to 11 a.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 27 @ Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 28 @ ESCO Pink Out Soccer Game from 4 to 8 p.m.
Track the cart’s whereabouts on social media @NCHonline
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn