Respect for Patients
Please be sensitive to the needs of other patients and their families by:
- Speaking softly and showing consideration to all
- Respecting the privacy of others
- Monitoring the behavior of children
Visiting hours for most of the Hospital are from 12pm - 8pm
Consideration, however, is given to patient needs:
- If you are a primary support person for a patient, you may make arrangements to visit at any time
- Children are allowed to make short visits if an adult accompanies them
- If you have special needs regarding visiting hours, please speak with a member of the nursing staff
Other department/unit policies may vary. Call 847-618-1000 to reach a specific department or choose below:
Smoking is not permitted in all buildings, parking garages, surrounding grounds and vehicles on NCH property.
Cell Phone Policy
Cell phones may be used at NCH with the following exceptions (see below). In these cases, your cell phone must be OFF. Even if you’re not using it, this is the only way to prevent it from sending a signal that could disrupt medical equipment.
Your cell phone must be OFF:
- Within three feet of medical equipment in all patient care areas including IV-medication pumps, heart monitors, ventilators, telemetry antennas and lab analyzers
- In highly medically instrumented areas such as: Critical Care Patient rooms that have multiple pieces of medical equipment in use for patient care; Operating rooms – Main OR and DSC; Procedure rooms – i.e. GI Lab, Special Procedures; Cath Labs; NICU; and Central Telemetry Room on 3 South
Walkie-talkies can also cause disruptions and should not be used within 10 feet of medical equipment or in highly medically instrumented areas.
Guest Wireless Network
Free wireless Internet access for guests and visitors is available in most areas throughout the Hospital.