The NCH Advantage
- Renowned Standard of Care – NCH detects and treats colon, esophageal, thoracic and pancreas cancer.
- Destination for GI Treatment – NCH draws patients from throughout the Midwest and performs more than 20,000 procedures annually.
- Teaching Center – Home of the only gastroenterology teaching gallery in Illinois, NCH draws physicians from across the U.S. to learn advanced methods for treating digestive disorders like GERD, ulcers, and pancreaticobiliary disease.
- Latest Technology – NCH continually invests in the latest technology to ensure that you receive the best and least invasive treatments possible.
Nationally recognized program
Northwest Community Healthcare has received numerous Healthgrades awards, including:
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™ for 2 Years in a Row (2017–2018)
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for GI Medical Treatment for 5 Years in a Row (2014–2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Esophageal/Stomach Surgeries for 3 Years in a Row (2016–2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Colorectal Surgeries for 3 Years in a Row (2016–2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Bowel Obstruction for 4 Years in a Row (2015–2018)
Recognition of the highest level
Northwest Community Hospital is among only 7 percent of hospitals in the nation with a Magnet® designation for nursing excellence.
Full range of conditions treated
NCH’s Digestive Disorders Center offers comprehensive care for patients with conditions from the esophagus through the entire digestive system.
- Barrett's esophagus
- Cancer of the esophagus, lungs, stomach, pancreas, liver, small intestines, colon, rectum and anus
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Crohn's disease
- Gas, bloating and burping
- Gastric outlet obstruction—pyloric stenosis
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Swallowing disorders
- Ulcerative colitis