NCH provides the only teaching gallery in Illinois where medical professionals come from around the country to learn advanced procedures for the treatment of pancreas disease, pancreas cancer and GERD. This leading-edge teaching gallery transmits live images around the world, so clinicians can continue to advance the science of healthcare, including:
- Advanced endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography to diagnose and treat conditions of the gallbladder, bile ducts, pancreas and liver.
- The SpyGlass System to facilitate physicians' access and visualize the bile duct for diagnostic and therapeutic applications.
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) with fine needle aspiration for diagnosis and staging of tumors of the GI tract and lung.
- Endoscopic ultrasound—Guided procedures for pseudocyst drainage, plexus block and neurolysis.
- Endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) allows removal of large polyps or cancerous lesions that have not broken through the muscle layer.
- HALO360 Ablation Therapy using the HALO360 Ablation System to destroy abnormal tissue in the esophagus and reduce the risk of esophageal cancer.
- Percutaneous gastrostomy and jejunostomy for placement of feeding tubes.