Some of the benefits of heart-healthy exercise are reducing the risk factors for heart disease and lowering cholesterol. A sedentary (inactive) lifestyle is one of the top risk factors for heart disease. Fortunately, it's a risk factor that you can do something about. Regular exercise, especially aerobic exercise, has many benefits, including lowering cholesterol, reducing blood pressure and warding off heart disease. The NCH Wellness Center offers many exercise and nutrition programs that will help you reach your heart healthy goals.
- Personal Training-Wellness Center certified personal trainers will provide you with the expertise, motivation and accountability you need to incorporate exercise into your life. They will closely monitor and supervise your workout regimen to ensure your safety.
- Nutritional Education-The 70/30 ratio of nutrition to exercise is essential to achieve any heart healthy/weight management goal. Our Registered Dietitian (RD) offers education to help you maintain healthy habits.
- Resting Metabolic Rate Testing (RMR)-Learn exactly how many calories you need to consume each day with this medically-based breath test.
Be sure to include spa services in your heart healthy plan. Research has proven that massage reduces blood pressure.
- Signature Massage will provide mental, physical and emotional relaxation – all of which contribute to lower blood pressure.
- Head, Neck and Shoulder Massage will reduce headaches, stress and irritability which are brought on by neck tension.
- Reflection of Energy Massage will allow you to disengage from stress.
- Raindrop Massage is excellent for healing emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually by applying essential oils to strategic points on the body.