Although there are no sure-fire recipes for good health, the mixture of healthy eating and regular exercise comes awfully close. Regular exercise or physical activity helps many of the body’s systems function better, keeps heart disease, diabetes, and a host of other diseases at bay, and is a key ingredient for losing weight. Let the NCH Wellness Center help you achieve your goals.
- Personal Training-Invest in your health and well-being and learn how to maximize your workout in the minimum amount of time.
- Nutritional Education-Learn how to develop and/or maintain healthy eating habits with one of our Registered Dietitians.
- Resting Metabolic Rate Testing (RMR)-Learn exactly how many calories you need to consume each day with this medically-based breath test.
- Pilates Reformer-Pilates holds plenty of benefits for men who rise to the challenge!
- Yoga-Promote relaxation and manage stress with any of our yoga classes.
Think water isn’t an effective strength training tool? Think again! Water is about 800 times denser than air, so it provides about 12 times more resistance. That means the moves you do in the pool can work your entire body, particularly your arms, legs, shoulders, and core. Exercising in the pool is a great complement to conventional dry-land exercises like running because there's virtually no impact on your joints. Besides group exercise classes that take place in the lap pool, the Wellness Center offers aquatic classes that are sure to increase your strength:
- Master's Basic
- Master Swim Sea Dogs
The Spa offers a variety of esthetic grooming services to assist the daily maintenance needed by all men. Services include but are not limited to waxing an hair removal as well as facial scrubbing and hydrating. The Spa also offers many types of massage techniques to help you relax and rejuvenate.