Want to feel better, have more energy and perhaps even live longer? Look no further than exercise and good nutrition. The health benefits of regular exercise and physical activity are hard to ignore. And the benefits are yours for the taking, regardless of your age, sex or physical ability. Let the NCH Wellness Center help you achieve your goals:
- Personal Training- Truly an investment in your health and well-being, our trainers offer accountability and motivation; offer fresh, new ideas on health and fitness; provide solid, consistent non-judgmental support; and provide immediate feedback on form and technique.
- Nutritional Education -Our Registered Dietitian (RD) offers education to help you maintain healthy habits.
- Resting Metabolic Rate Testing (RMR) - Learn exactly how many calories you need to consume each day with this medically-based breath test.
- Pilates Reformer Training-This type of training emphasizes the balanced development of the body through core strength, flexibility and awareness in order to support efficient movement.
- Yoga-Our offering of various yoga classes can help you tap into yoga's many stress-busting benefits.
- Total Control-Designed specifically for women, this class focuses on strengthening your pelvic floor muscles.
Think water isn’t an effective strength training tool? Think again! Water is about 800 times denser than air, so it provides about 12 times more resistance. That means the moves you do in the pool can work your entire body, particularly your arms, legs, shoulders, and core. Exercising in the pool is a great complement to conventional dry-land exercises like running because there's virtually no impact on your joints. Besides group exercise classes that take place in the lap pool (see schedule and descriptions on page x-x), the Wellness Center offers aquatic classes that are sure to increase your strength:
- Master’s Basic
- Master Swim
There's scientific proof that spoiling yourself with a professional spa services provides many health benefits. Not only does a massage feel incredible, massage treatments can reduce stress, ease tension, relieve aches and pains, improve circulation, strengthen connective tissues, improve mental alertness, promote more restful sleep and strengthen the immune system. The many health benefits that accompany Reflections Spa services will be worth every penny!