Did you know that making good food choices every day could help you have a healthier heart, prevent some diseases and positively affect many other medical conditions? At NCH’s Outpatient Nutrition Clinic for Medical Nutrition Therapy, our registered dietitians can teach you how to make better choices when you're shopping, preparing or ordering food.
It's never too late to develop healthy eating habits, whether to manage a disease or just improve your general well being. Our registered dietitians provide personalized counseling sessions to help you establish appropriate meal plans.
The nutrition clinic is open to everyone, though a doctor’s referral is necessary. Please contact your insurance company regarding coverage for this service.
At NCH, we provide a wide range of services for those with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes as well as in-depth educational and nutrition programs. We feel that the more you know about Type 2 and Type 1 diabetes, the better you will be able to manage and control the disease. And because we know this disease impacts more than just the patient, family members are encouraged to join in our various diabetes education programs.
NCH Registered Dietitians (RDs) are available to help you with a wide range of dietary recommendations related to:
- Weight control for children and adults
- High cholesterol/triglycerides for children and adults
- Basic nutrition guidelines
- Prenatal nutrition and lactation
- Healthy nutrition for children
- Balanced vegetarian eating
- Food allergies and intolerance
Individual personalized services
- Outpatient medical nutrition therapy
- Glucose monitoring
- Medication instruction
- Healthy living skills
- Emotional support
- Outpatient services for women with gestational diabetes, including nutrition therapy
- Glucose meter loan program
- External insulin pump program
Easy access and personalized care
- Staff expertise with four nurses and three dietitians all Certified Diabetes Educators
- Convenient, evening appointments available Mon. through Thurs.
- We communicate with your physician after every visit
- Where appropriate, patients receive a free glucose meter with first appointment
- The American Diabetes Association awarded NCH Diabetes Services with the Education Recognition Certificate