If you need quality skin and wound care management, NCH’s Wound and Ostomy Clinic is here for you. We provide the highest level of medical services for problematic, hard-to-heal wounds as well as ostomy care including colostomy, ileostomy, urostomy, fistulas and leaking tube/drain sites.
The Clinic’s wound-certified medical director, podiatrist and experienced clinicians see patients as needed. These specialists evaluate wounds and give you treatment options to best fit your personal needs. In fact, our certified wound care nurses have been extensively trained in all aspects of wound management and ostomy care.
We want to help you improve the quality of your life. In addition to advanced therapies we can provide you with patient/caregiver education and recommendations.
Compassionate Care and Expertise
- Physicians and nurses extensively trained in wound management and ostomy care.
- Advanced techniques to promote wound healing
- Care plan developed in conjunction with you, your primary care physician, nurses, therapists, dieticians and diabetic educators
- Coordinate treatment with inpatient wound-care nurses
- Treatment coordinated with NCH Home Healthcare Services
Convenient and Close to Home
- Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 8am-4:30pm, by appointment only
- Location: 800 W. Central Road, 8th Floor, East Tower – note the new location
- Our caring and supportive staff looks forward to assisting you.
Our services are covered under Medicare and most other insurance plans
- NCH handles all billing and offers financial assistance to qualified applicants
- Please contact your insurance provider regarding your plan benefits
- HMO insurance recipients must have a referral prior to scheduling
- A physician’s order is required for a patient to be seen at the Wound and Ostomy Clinic
- An order for “Evaluate and Treat” with a diagnosis may be faxed to 847-618-3229
Our advanced wound care program uses advanced technology and specialized products to help heal wounds. Our staff works with evidence-based standards to develop an individualized treatment plan that will give you the best care when you need it most.