Steven Kipferl, DPM specializes in reconstructive foot and ankle surgery, complex deformity correction, treatment of traumatic and sports injuries, as well as bunion and hammertoe correction. He utilizes a combination of the newest advancements in surgical technique as well as traditional proven procedures to address each patients specific needs and optimize the overall outcome.
In addition, Dr. Steven Kipferl also specializes in diabetic preventative foot care, diabetic wound care, and diabetic limb salvage. His previous work at Rush University Medical Center involved working with the limb salvage multispecialty team, using the most advanced modalities available to prevent wounds, complications, and amputations in his diabetic patients. He is a strong proponent of prevention of complications using proper shoe gear, accommodative inserts, and padding where needed. If required, he utilizes the newest in-office grafting techniques to close wounds quickly.
Dr. Steven Kipferl grew up in Barrington Illinois, graduated from Barrington High School, and has now returned to Barrington where he lives with his wife Brooke, son Bennett, and daughter Blaire
Experience: 5 Years in Practice
Board Specialty: Podiatry
Clinical Interests: Foot & ankle trauma, sports medicine, total ankle replacement, complex deformity correction, bunions, hammertoes, flat feet, dermatologic conditions, pediatric/neonatal foot & ankle issues, orthotics/bracing, revisional surgery/second opinions, all other foot & ankle conditions.
Medical School: Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine
Residency: Rush University Medical Center
Northwest Community Day Surgery Center
Northwest Community Hospital
Insurance Types Accepted
- Aetna NorthShore Employee Tier 1 (NS University Health Systems)
- BCBS Medicare Advantage HMO
- BCBS Medicare Advantage PPO
- Cigna LocalPlus
- Cigna Network, HMO, POS
- Cigna One Health - HMO and Network (both are HMO's)
- Cigna Open Access Plus, OA Plus, ChoiceFund OA Plus with CareLink
- Cigna Open Access Plus, OA Plus, ChoiceFund OA Plus
- Cigna PPO, Choice Fund PPO
- Humana Gold Choice Network
- Humana Illinois Coordinated Care Network (ICCN)
- Humana Medicare + Employer PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage FFS
- Humana Medicare Advantage HMO
- Humana Medicare Advantage PPO
- NorthShore Employee Tier 1 (NS University Health Systems)
- Oscar Health Choice (MarketPlace Plan (eff. 1/1/2022)
- Zing Health
Please check with your insurance company or provider to ensure coverage.