Tom Oryszczak, D.O.
Executive Vice President & Chief Medical Officer
I would like to take this opportunity to send out this special reminder of the importance of what our entire staff is doing to fulfill our mission. You should know we are dealing with a significant increase in patient volumes, which includes rising rates of COVID patients in our clinics and our hospitals. An overwhelming majority of those hospitalized have not been vaccinated. Last week, we have opened a second dedicated COVID unit to manage our inpatient volumes.
Considering the rising case rates, I would like to provide the following guidance:
- If you haven’t yet, please get a COVID-19 vaccine for yourself and for children over 5 in your care.
- Get a COVID-19 booster if you are eligible (at least 16 years old, more than 6 months since last Pfizer/Moderna vaccine or 2 months since initial J&J vaccine). This is now a formal recommendation from the CDC and especially important based on our local COVID activity.
- Remember to wear a mask, wash your hands and keep socially distant from others.
- Follow safety guidelines when planning daily or holiday gatherings
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms.
Information about how to schedule a booster shot at the NCH vaccine clinic is listed below.
Both the Pfizer and Moderna boosters are available through our vaccine clinic located at 3060 Salt Creek Lane, Arlington Heights. There are three ways to schedule your booster:
- If you have a MyChart account, login at nch.org/mychart select a date, time and location to schedule your booster dose.
- Make an appointment directly on our website here.
- Call 847-618-0242.
- Pfizer booster vaccines are available on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Pediatric (ages 5-11) Pfizer vaccines are available on Tuesdays from 3:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. A parent must be present during the appointment.
- Moderna booster vaccines are available on Wednesdays from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Please direct any questions related to COVID-19 vaccination to 847-618-0242.
Best wishes for a healthy holiday season.