Jessica Patino, Licensed Massage Therapist
Have you ever stopped to think what’s going on in your body when leaving the Wellness Center after you’ve exercised? If you haven’t, I know you’ve at least felt it. Exercise can cause us to experience muscle fatigue and post-exercise muscle soreness due to the lactic acid produced by our muscles during intense workout. Along with relaxation, massage therapy offers many benefits for an active body to manage and enhance the quality of your pre- and post-workout sessions.
- Pre-workout muscle warm up and stretching
- Reduces muscle tension, soreness and swelling
- Helps monitor muscle tone
- Decreases hypertonicity
- Improves soft tissue function
- Increases range of motion
- Reduces risk of injury during exercise
- Speeds up recovery time
- Enhances breathing patterns
Massage Therapy also has positive effects on the skeletal, cardiovascular, lymphatic, nervous, respiratory, digestive and urinary systems. I believe everybody should try it, especially if you’ve never received manual therapy before. Your body will thank you later.
For more information or to schedule an appointment call, 847-618-3504.