Cooking is just like any other skill: the more you practice, the better you get at it—no matter how proficient you already are. This makes every night in a great opportunity to try your hand at something new.
Previously, we shared our thoughts on sensible eating habits. Today, we want to share with you some of our favorite recipes that build on that. But before we dive into them, here are tips to help make sure your next meal is a masterpiece.
- Read through the recipe: Before you start, read the recipe a few times to make sure you know all the steps and have everything you need lined up and ready to go.
- Gather your equipment: Pull out everything you’ll need and arrange it so you can easily move from one task to the next.
- Prep your ingredients: It’s often helpful to cut up foods and measure out liquids before you start mixing everything together. This way everything is ready when you need it.
- Have patience: The first time you try a recipe, it might not go exactly as planned. But that’s OK. Keep at it and soon you’ll be able to make it in your sleep.
- Clean as you go: This can be a huge time-saver so you don’t have as much to clean up after your meal. For example, if you need to let something simmer for 10 minutes, use that time to clean a few bowls and utensils you’re done using.
And now, here are some recipes to practice those skills on:
Let us know how your recipe turned out on our Facebook and Instagram pages. Bon appétit!