Our top priority is keeping you safe and healthy—wherever you are. That’s why NCH Medical Group offices are now open virtually. With our telehealth program, you can contact your doctor or advanced practice provider and set up a virtual visit. You can talk with them on the phone and many can video chat as well. If you do need an in-person appointment, a variety of safety and social distancing measures have been put in place to make sure your experience is as safe as possible too.
How a Virtual Visit Works
Call your doctor’s office to schedule an appointment like you regularly would.
The office will let you know your telehealth options and help you prepare for your virtual visit.
When it is time for your appointment, follow the instructions you received to talk with your doctor.
- Common illnesses and various health conditions
- Follow-up on any new medications
- Stable or controlled medical conditions, like hypertension or diabetes
- Review of symptoms that may be related to COVID-19 to help determine next steps
- Possibly life-threatening symptoms such as severe abdominal pain, chest pain, shortness of breath, acute confusion or stroke (these conditions require calling 911 any time, day or night)
- A hospital follow-up visit
- Unstable medical problems that require close monitoring, like uncontrolled hypertension
- Other situations may necessitate an in-person visit. If so, you can see the social distancing measures we’ve put in place here
Telehealth/Virtual Visit FAQs
Telehealth is a general term that covers use of technology to communicate between you and your doctor without having to be in the same room. NCH offers two types of virtual visits: Audio virtual visits and video virtual visits with your primary care provider, specialist or other member of your care team.
An audio virtual visit is a one-to-one phone call with you and your provider. A video virtual visit is another way to get medical care virtually via video chat. You can have a secure, private visit from the comfort of home — or wherever you happen to be. We offer two types of video virtual visits: Individual and group.
Prior to the call, if using a computer, test your connection by using these quick steps:
- Test your video, audio and network connection by following the link: https://zoom.us/test
- Launch in Google Chrome as it is the recommended browser
- When in your video visit, you can join with computer audio or phone call to hear your provider
If using your cell phone for the visit, follow these steps:
- Make sure to download the MyChart Mobile app for your device:
- Make sure to download the Zoom app for your device:
- Make sure to enable microphone and camera access for the Zoom app.
Contact your provider to see if your visit can be done via video. If your provider decides it’s appropriate for your situation, he or she will work with you to find a time that’s convenient and will get your appointment scheduled.
If your provider decides a video virtual visit is appropriate, yes. If you would like an office visit, we have a COVID Clinic at 500 N. Hicks Road in Palatine. Your provider can write an order and our team will contact you to schedule an appointment.
Anyone over the age of 18 may request a video virtual visit.
You will be able to pre-check in for your visit through MyChart up to seven days prior to your appointment. On the day of your appointment, you will need to begin preparing to connect for the visit at least 15 minutes prior to the appointment time.
Before your visit starts, you can call the office or cancel your visit using the MyChart App or website. At any time during the virtual visit, the provider may advise you to seek in-person treatment. If it appears that your symptoms suggest an emergency, they’ll advise you to seek care at the closest emergency department.
Once you’re done meeting with your provider, select Leave Meeting.
Yes, NCH has always maintained pride in exceeding Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) security requirements.
The Zoom platform uses a client authentication process which confirms the identity of each participant attempting to join a meeting. Each session uses unique per-client, per-session parameters. Each authenticated participant must have access to these session parameters to join the meeting successfully.
Yes. Your personal health information only resides in our electronic medical record system, and not in the video conference software.
- Remember the password field is case sensitive.Double check to make sure your Caps Lock key is not being used if you’re on a computer.
- Make sure you’re not entering extra spaces in either the username or password fields.
- Try recovering your username or resetting your password by choosing Forgot Username? or Forgot Password? beneath the Sign In button
- If these suggestions don’t resolve your issue, email the NCH MyChart support team at email@example.com with your name, address and date of birth ready.
If you’ve forgotten your username, complete the following steps:
- From the main Sign In page, select Forgot Username?
- Complete the form to recover your username.
- You’ll need your first and last names, date of birth and ZIP code to complete the recovery process.
- If you have an email address on file with us, your username will be emailed to that email address.
- From the main Sign In page, select the Forgot Password?
- Enter your username and date of birth.
- You will be prompted to answer your security question. (Your answer must exactly match what you entered when you set up your account.)
- Once you’ve verified your identity you will be able to enter a new password.
If you can’t remember the answers to your security questions or if you’ve been locked out of your account due to too many failed password attempts, call the NCH MyChart support team at 847-618-4357 with your name, address and date of birth ready.
NCH has always maintained pride in exceeding Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) security requirements. We ensure your identity and personal information are safe and secure. When you send a message to your doctor’s office, your message is sent over a secure connection directly to your care team.