October 10 has been named World Mental Health Day by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the 2021 campaign is “Mental health care for all; let’s make it a reality.” While mental health has been a serious concern for many years, living in these unprecedented times has elevated the need for even more individuals seeking help.
Whether it’s you or a loved one that are seeking care, NCH offers community members comprehensive behavioral health and addiction services that address an individual’s emotional, psychological, social and spiritual needs. NCH offers a wide array of services from acute inpatient treatment to traditional outpatient therapy and medication management.
NCH Behavioral Health programs incorporate mental health professionals such as psychiatrists, licensed therapists and registered nurses. Using a combination of clinical approaches that best fit individual needs – patients can receive Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and/or Medication Assisted Treatment.
If you or a loved one are ready to seek help, the treatment journey begins by scheduling an initial assessment with one of our licensed clinicians at the Assessment and Referral Center.
Levels of Behavioral Health Care Offered at NCH:
- Assessment & Referral Center
- This is a free and confidential assessment to determine best treatment options and provide linkage to services.
- Kirchoff Center
- At the Kirchoff Center, we offer outpatient services including addiction medicine, medication management and individual counseling.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- We offer IOP for both adults and adolescents (ages 12+). Our IOP is a three-hour daily therapeutic program that includes medication management, individual, group and family therapy.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- We offer PHP for both adults and adolescents (ages 12+). The PHP has the same components as the IOP but with more intensive, five hour sessions Monday through Friday.
- Inpatient Acute Care (ages 12+)
- NCH includes a network of 52 inpatient acute psychiatric unit beds spanning across three units. Our focus in this level of care is to stabilize psychiatric crisis and transition patients to the next appropriate level of care.
- Addictions Residential
- This is a 21-30 day inpatient treatment program designed to treat those who struggle with addiction.
To be evaluated for any of our inpatient programs, residential program or PHP/IOP, you must start with an intake assessment. Schedule by calling 847-618-4160.
Most treatment is available to begin one day after intake.
To schedule an appointment with a therapist or psychiatrist for individual services, call the Kirchoff Center at 847-618-0190.
Special thanks to Taylor Wolfe, LCSW, Manager of Intake Services for her help with this article.